Regulation of damage
- The insurance covers damage due to road traffic accidents or other external accidents.
- The insurance does not cover damage consisting of wear or that can be attributed to substandard maintenance or carelessness & negligence.
- The maximum load for the vehicle must not be exceeded.
- If the regulations are not observed, compensation for damages can be reduced or withheld.
- Damage must be reported to TR immediately.
- The damage report must be completed by the hirer (driver) at the time of the accident and sent immediately to TR.
- TR is entitled to determine whether the damaged trailer shall be repaired or replaced with an equivalent.
Repair of the trailer
- May only be carried out after approval by TR.
- Workshop and repair materials shall be utilized according to TR's instructions.
In urgent cases, requisite repairs in order to permit the journey with the vehicle to be continued are permitted after consultation with TR.
- The trailer shall be repaired within 30 days from the date the damage report was received by TR.
- Should it not be possible to present TR with a damage report, double excess will be charged.
- The insurance covers the transportation of damaged or stolen trailers to the nearest, appropriate storage area or the closest, appropriate workshop.
- If the car and trailer are salvaged together the car's insurance covers the salvage of both vehicles.
- Other transportation must be approved by TR.
- The insurance covers damage through the theft , misappropriation of the vehicle and attempts of such crime.
- Intentional damage in conjunction with any of the above events in paragraph 5.
- If the trailer is hired to a customer, he/she shall report the theft without delay to the hirer out, which together with the hire agreement (copy) shall be sent to TR.
- Loss of the trailer is compensated should the trailer not be found within 1 month from the day TR receives notification.
Unlawful use and fraud
- Shall always be reported without delay.
- In order for the insurance to apply, a correctly completed hire agreement must exist and be submitted to TR together with the police report.
- The hire agreement shall included: social security number, name, address and be signed by the hirer.
- Loss of the trailer is compensated should the trailer not be found within 1 month from the day TR receives notification and when the criteria in paragraph 6 above has been satisfied.
- The insurance covers damage by fire and lightning or explosions. Fire is defined as fire out-of-control.
- The damage report must be sent to TR without delay.
- Covered trailers and horse boxes EURO 300
- Other trailers EURO 132